I have a minix-8h for the purpose of running a proper dedicated Home Theater Room. Unfortunately it was after my purchase I discovered that this device does not output 7.1 Channel nor will it output DD True HD and will only down-mix DTS MA.

After a little more re-search it would appear as though the AMlogic chip-set can do DD True HD 7.1 passthrough but minix do not support it (licencing I presume) unless someone makes a custom firmware than can bypass this I will have to retire my x8-h to a bedroom.
I have now come across the Armada Mach 8 - Quad Core - S802 (Very frustrating it runs the same Chip as my current box but apparently supports DD TRUEHD and DTS-MA playback, can anyone confirm they have achieved this?). Unfortunately there appears to be far less support for this box and still no gigabit lan (also frustrating) but my main concern is the issues with interpolation everyone keeps mentioning?

http://www.theaterinabox.tv/tv-boxes...gic-s802.html/

There is also the question of Lynex or not? For my purpose of literally just high quality XBMC playback off the server and Streaming?

Otherwise there is this (bellow) but I can not find much information out about it at all?

http://www.iboum.com/pr/himq1024k.php

Neither seem nearly as solid a box as the minix and seem to lack support, would really appreciate feedback or suggestions for all of us who need high quality sound out of our media players.

If all else fails I may have to consider 
purchasing a NUC instead for DD TRUEHD and DTS-MA playback.